Rod & Gun Resources and River Plate Outfitters are pleased to present one of the world's most amazing fishing and bird hunting opportunities in Argentina's Entre Rios Province.
Your hosts, River Plate's Luis Brown and Enrique Young, are well known for their fantastic duck, dove and perdiz hunting programs operated in Argentina's winter. Now they introduce South America's most extraordinary fishing experience, which can be combined with high-volume dove shooting. Both activities are accessed from the same lodging. Many well-traveled clients say this is the world’s most outstanding combination trip.
South American golden dorado are magnificent iridescent golden fish that strike viciously, leap maniacally, burn off line and destroy tackle and lures. Most dorado run from five to ten pounds, sometimes as large as twenty pounds. In the fabled, highly-restricted "La Zona/Salto Grande" area on the Uruguay River, the dorado routinely go 20-30-40, even 50 pounds!
The dove shooting here matches the amazing fishing. Guests can expect to shoot 15--30 boxes of shells each afternoon in a variety of shooting platforms. This is a spectacular sporting opportunity for amazing fishing in the morning and great gunning in the afternoon.
Along with the splendid hunting and fishing, guests will enjoy luxurious accommodations, the finest in cuisine and Argentine wines, and the caring and congenial service for which River Plate is well known.
Please take a moment and review The Lodging, The Shooting, The Fishing and the other sections of this site and learn more about this no-miss opportunity. Then call us at 1-800-211-4753 today for details and be one of the lucky sportsmen who experiences Argentina's great dove shooting and the amazing fishing at La Zona/Salto Grande!
Please click on the menu items below or at the top of the page for more detailed information and lots of photos to better acquaint you with Argentina's best:
What do our guests say?
"The best fishing day of your life and the best bird shooting day of your life is an ordinary day at Salto Grande/La Zona"Buford Bray, Clinton, Tennessee
"Each day on the Argentina trip brought another amazing experience. I had the best dove hunting (by far) of my life and the fishing was ridiculous! My son and I landed and lost so many big fish we were simply astonished."Richard Taylor, San Francisco, California
"Of the five great trips I have taken with Rod & Gun Resources (Chile, Argentina, Alaska, etc.), this was by far the best. The dove shooting was awesome and I hooked 40 dorado in two days of fishing."Jim Pemberton, Durham, North Carolina
- Dorado Fishing/Dove Shooting Combo or Fishing Only - Five Nights/Four Days
- • November?February: $5180
- • March/April/October: $4450
- • May-September: $3800
- HOW TO GET THERE
- Buenos Aires is best reached from Miami, Dallas/Fort Worth, Atlanta or Houston on, respectively — Aerolineas Argentinas, American Airlines, Delta Airlines or United Airlines. Upon arrival in Buenos Aires, hunters are met and transferred to the domestic airport for connection with the LAER Airlines flight to Concordia, Argentina. The flight takes about one hour on a twin-engine 18-passenger Metroliner aircraft. Upon landing, guests are transferred about 20 minutes to Uruguayan Customs and the nearby Horacio Quiroga Hotel and Resort.
- A color brochure and references are available. You might also find our Argentina Planning and Packing Information (PDF) helpful.